Hermana Lundy Willes

Hermana Lundy Willes

Monday, May 18, 2015

I Know My Savior Lives and Loves Me

Well, the sad news first.  Andrea didn't get baptized.  She told ust that she feels like she needs to be confirmed first in the Catholic church and then see how she feels.  It was really sad, but I know that we taught her everything and that we did our part.  I know that someday she will get baptized, because she is just so great.  And she told us she wants to keep going to church and everything, so it's only a matter of time!

We are also working with a menos activo, Emilce, who is doing really well. For the past two weeks she has gone to church for the three hours and yesterday she even brought all three of her kids--two of who are menos activo and another one who isn't a member! It was incredible! She's really great and is determined to return to the gospel!

The Familia Mendieta is doing well.  Hermano Patricio, the husband, gets back this week so we will be able to teach them together.  Hermana Macarena couldn't go to church yesterday beause she traveled, but when we taught her the restoration she just loved it.  She was so attentive the whole time.  I just feel the spirit so strongly when I enter their home.  I can feel how prepared they are to receive the gospel! 

We are also working with another menus activo, Hermano Luis.  It has been amazing to see the change in him.   He goes to church in his suit and stays for the three hours and reads the Book of Mormon and just looks different in his face.  I have come to love him and his family so much.  It has taught me so much about the atonement and the power it has to truly change us.

I know my Savior lives and loves me.  I love Him so much and am so grateful to be his missionary, teaching His gospel.  The power of the atonment is real and if we just come unto Him we can be free of all our burdens. 

I love you all and hope you have a good week!

Hermana Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment