Hermana Lundy Willes

Hermana Lundy Willes

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It felt really good to be able to be an instrument in the Lord's hand

This week was really good! Ricardo is still doing stellar! We had him read Moroni 10 this week and when we verificed (spanglish for checked) how it went, he talked about how much he loved that it talked about charity. Then, in his closing prayer he prayed for charity.  I’ve never had an investigator do that.  When we asked him how he has felt hearing the gospel he said "I just feel really peaceful, like this happiness inside me.  It’s my time, God always knows when it’s our time." He is so golden! 

We also had a really cool experience the other day.  We went to visit Hermana Roxanna, the menos activo we found in the street the other day, because she didn’t go to church yesterday.  So, we stopped by her house and her son, who is also menos activo, and her daughter-in-law, who isn’t a member, were there.  They were putting up Christmas decorations and so we helped them for few minutes and just chatted, getting to know them.  Then we shared a message with them about service and invited them to find someone extra to serve for Christmas.  There was just a really sweet spirit there and the whole time I kept thinking "I need to give her daughter-in-law, Laura, a Book of Mormon at the end of the lesson.” So we ended the lesson and I asked her if the elders ever visit them in their house (she lives in mision norte) and she said sometimes, but they live with her parents and they aren’t big fans of the church.  Then I asked her if she had a Book of Mormon and when she said no, I offered her one.  She lit up! I’ve never seen anyone that excited to recieve a Book of Mormon! She turned to her husband and said “ Paul, look. Now I have a Book of Mormon to read!" She told us she always read her mother-in-law’s, but now she had one to read on her own.  It just felt really good to be able to be an instrument in the Lord’s hand to bless her life.  I don’t know what’s going to happen with her, but I’m so grateful for the guidance of the spirit!

Bruno also went to church again! The young adults in our ward are awesome and they have just welcome him with open arms! They invited him to their acitivies and he told us he has never had so many people be so friendly to him and make him feel so important.  He told us he is going to get baptized, si or si.  But, he’s going home to Brazil this week for Christmas and won’t get back until febuary, so we’re going to send the reference to the elders in Brazil! Merry Christmas to them! 

This week was a really good week and I’m so grateful for the spirit, who is always guiding us and leading us, even when we don’t realize it! 

I hope you all have a great week!

Hermana Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment