Hermana Lundy Willes

Hermana Lundy Willes

Saturday, January 25, 2014

T minus 5 days until I'm Latin!

The Bogota MTC Is set up to accommodate the mostly latin population of missionaries that come there and are only there for two weeks.  The North Americans that come are there for 6 weeks.  For the first 4 of those weeks, they have a North American Companion.  Then, for the final two weeks, they are paired with a Latin companion and put in an entirely Latin district.  Next Wednesday, Lundy will be at four weeks, so she and Hermana Adams will be split and put with Latin companions and in all Latin districts.  Talk about your Spanish Immersion!


I get a latin companion in five days! I'm kinda nervous, but I know it will be really helpful for me because I understand spanish, I just struggle to remember the words and this will force me to speak it!  Where did the time go? But really it needs to hurry up because I JUST WANT TO BE IN BOLIVIA.

Not much happened this week, just classes and stuff.  I was the tribute on Sunday, so that was fun.  I had to speak on obedience.  Pretty sure it was like two minutes long. But, my cute brazilian hermana, Hermana Victorino, was so sweet after and said "You did so good! My little girl is all grown up. I understood everything!"  So, hopefully, it wasn't that bad.

The spanish is coming, but it still can be frustrating at times.  I´ve decided someday I'm going to have a serious talk with the geniuses who built the tower of Babel and caused the Lord to confound their language.  Turns out actions have consequences.  My life would be so much easier if everyone spoke the same language.  No... But in all seriousness, it´s hard.  My teaching in spanish is coming and most of all I can testify, which is the most important thing!  The spirit is really the real teacher, so as long as I'm giving it my all He'll do the real work! 

Abby, congrats on the braces! They look awesome on you!

The food is waayyy better, they were remodeling the kitchen and now it´s done and we have actual cooks, so no more fish heads!

My district is awesome, have I talked about them yet? One of them reminds me of Connor Nelson, he's awesome!  Hermana Adams is an amazing person.   I've learned a lot from her and I really have come to love her.  We only got one new American sister and she's older, but I like her a lot.  Her name is Hermana Smith and she's from Arizona.  Her companion is a girl from Brazil.  She´s hilarious!  I'm serving with amazing people here, hermanas and elders.  I consider it a privilege to serve with them.  Missions are great!

I can´t believe we have seventy missionaries out [from the Draper South Mountain Stake], that´s incredible! 

Give everyone hugs from me and tell them I love them! Go eat pizza for me, I would kill for Dominos or Brick Oven! 

My testimony has grown so much and I've learned so much.  Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming, because the gospel is so vast and I feel like there is so much I don't know how to explain or have the strongest testimony of.  But, when it comes down to it, I know the Book of Mormon is the truest book on earth and that Joseph Smith restored the gospel to the earth.  And, at the end of the day, sometimes that has to be enough, if that makes sense.  Sorry this email was so scattered, the internet keeps going down and we don´t know how long we have! 

Hermana Willes

P.S. I've loved getting emails from Jobubs....oh wait.....

A picture of the entire group at the Bogota Columbia MTC. 
 You can see...not many North Americans...

No comments:

Post a Comment