Hermana Lundy Willes

Hermana Lundy Willes

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Everybody Panic!

I get a Latin companion tomorrow.  Everybody panic!

No, but for real I'm stoked! I think it will really help me learn Spanish and it also means I'm just two weeks away from being back in the motherland! 

So, on Saturday, we went proselyting again! This time we focused on sharing our message, not selling it.  It was amazing.  Seriously.  We committed four people to go to church and got their references.  To the last woman, we gave a Book of Mormon and it was awesome.  We handed it to her and then bore our testimonies of it and of how she was a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves her so much.  She looked touched. Hopefully, it planted a seed! All four of them were like "you guys are so beautiful, that's so awesome that you are teaching about Jesus Christ."  Honestly, that´s one of my favorite things about South America.  Everyone believes in God and Jesus Christ.  It makes teaching a lot easier, especially when you don´t know Spanish like at all.

Today all the older gringos and latins left again.  Hermana Adams and I bawled, because the gringos above us were awesome and we loved them so much.  One of the cool things about the CCM is that, because it is so small, you become like family. It's such a blessing, because you have a huge support system when a latin is talking to you and you´re sitting there like "Um, I understand two of the twenty words you just said, let me take ten years to construct an answer.”  Usually like ten gringos will be in a huge group trying to talk to one latin.  It's a little ridiculous, but that´s learning a language for ya!

Today we went to the temple, I'm going to send some pictures! Rumor is there is a new temple video? I can't wait to see it in seventeen months! 

I’m really sad Hermana Adams and I won't be companions anymore. We’ve grown really close and I know that we have a friendship I will cherish my whole life.  The gospel has a way of bringing people together because no matter how different your background or personality is, you have the same core beliefs and, if you're living it right, the same number one priority.
  
I’ve been reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and English.  It's amazing to me how like 99.5% of the scriptures apply to missionary work, either by talking about a blessing, giving a promise, or calling people to missionary work.  My testimony of the Book of Mormon has grown so much.  Sometimes I just wish I could stand on a street corner and give one to every person because I know it will change their life forever and that it’s true! 

I can't believe I've been out for a month already! Time has flown! It seems like just yesterday I was boarding a plane and saying goodbye to English for 18 months.  I've learned so much in my time here and I can't wait to get out in the field and share the gospel with every Bolivian I meet.  The gospel is true and there is no greater joy in the world than knowing that! I'm so grateful for it and the opportunity I have to build the Lord´s kingdom on the earth! 

Hurrah for Israel!

Hermana Willes




Hermana Willes...




Hermana  Adams and Hermana Willes...




Hermana Willes and Hermana Adams 
get to visit to the Bogota, Columbia Temple...






The Bogota, Columbia Temple
I'm a little jealous seeing those palm trees...




The "Cougar Club" in Bogota, Columbia...


No comments:

Post a Comment