Hermana Lundy Willes

Hermana Lundy Willes

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I Hope Someday to be as Wonderful as All of Them

Jose Carmelo didn't end up getting baptized this week.  He told us he needs more time, which is ok because I don't want to baptize someone who isn't quite ready.  It was really sad, but we realized maybe we were rushing him to baptism more for us and less for him.

Joselin continues to progess and is getting baptized this week.  She's really sweet.  The bishop's wife is teaching her to read.  She's taught someone to read once before and she's really great.  Joselin had a dream about her grandparents who died and they told her to accept the gospel so they can be baptized.  Then, she told us she knows the church is true and went on to explain to us why it is important to keep the commandments.  Super powerful and amazing.  Hermana Feddock and I were like "yeah, ok, so when is the earliest we can fill up the font?" So I'm really excited for that!

Cambios are this week and we don't really know what is going to happen.  But, I love this ward and am so grateful for the time I've had to serve here.  They are all so amazing.  In Preach My Gospel it says the work we do with the leaders in our wards will bless the rest of our lives.  So true.  They are all so humble and ready to work.  The work is just exploding in this area and it really is because of the dedication of the members. I hope to someday be as wonderful as all of them.

The church is true and the Lord is hastening His work.  We have miracles everyday, like finding a menos activo in the calle or a woman just showing up to church on Sunday and telling us she wants to be taught (that was nuts).  I'm so grateful to be serving down here! 

Love you all! I hope you have the very best week!

Hermana Willes



Santa Cruz Sunset

 The Hermanas of the apartment

Missionaries and Members of the Ward

 P-day

At Church

No comments:

Post a Comment