Hermana Lundy Willes

Hermana Lundy Willes

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Another Great Week in Trompillo

Another great week down here in Trompillo! I don't even know where to start.

Jovita is literally golden.  We had an activity on Thursday for Father's day (down here it's in March, no idea why) and Jimi and Jovita came.  When Jovita came she asked me in a super quiet voice "Hermana Willes, you guys wanted us to read the first chapter in the Book of Mormon, right?" I said yes and then asked her if she had been reading it (we had told them to read it before Saturday) and she said yes! I don't think I've ever been so happy in my whole life.  Then she said she felt really good when she reads it.  We taught her on Saturday and we asked her how she feels about having the gospel in her life and if there is any difference. She said that she feels more peace and she's so grateful. I just love her so much.  Whenever we teach, she's sooo attentive and she always tells her kids to listen to us, which is a literal miracle.  We've started teaching their eight year old daughter, Susa, and she is incredible.  We asked her how she feels about her family and she said,  "I love my family so much and I know that's how Dios feels for them, because He is our father." They are golden.

Victor is reading the Book of Mormon and he came to church ALL BY HIMSELF.  He always comes with his daughter, but she had to go to another ward and he still came! Miracle.
  
We had a conference with Elder Grow this week, which was awesome.  I'll send pictures of me with Hermana Adams and our companions.  I was sooo stoked to see her.  And to meet all the other hermanas.  I am literally serving in the best mission in the world, with the best missionaries.  We had the conference all day and I have honestly never felt the spirit so strongly or felt so much power in one room.  Hermana Murga and I had the privilege of having personal interviews with Elder Grow.  He is incredible.  We talked about my family and serving a mission.  It was incredible. I was crying of course.  I didn't want to leave the office because the spirit was so strong and peaceful.  At the conference, we talked about receiving personal revelation and also how we need to talk with everyone, especially families.  Hermana Willard said something about families that has really stuck with me this past week.  She said,  "You need to talk with everyone and teach as many people as you can because someday you are going to be mothers and fathers.  And you're not going to pick and choose which children you want salvation for and which you don't.  You're going to want it for all of them because you're going to love them so much.  That's how Heavenly Father feels.  We are all His children and He wants all of us to return to Him." Hermana Murga and I made a goal to talk to everyone.  So, last night, when we went to a menos activos  (less active) house and they didn't live there, instead of just saying, "Gracias" and going to our next appointment, we talked to three girls that were there.  It was one of the most powerful experiences I've had.  They had such special spirits and we are going to teach them on Saturday.

Missions are awesome.  The Church is true. 

I love you all! Hurrah for Israel!

Hermana Willes


Hermana Willes and Hermana Murga 
and the other companionship that lives with them



Hermana Willes reunited 
with Hermana Adams (MTC Companion)



Hermana Willes, Hermana Murga, 
Hermana Adams and her companion



 Hermana Willes and other missionaries 
in her district with Victor



 Hermana Willes and her district



 Who doesn't love Olaf? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment